Bangers & Mash with Onion Gravy
|Sausages||2 or 3|
|Gravy Granules||1 tablespoon|
We'll use fresh potatoes in this recipe (of course you say!), but dont shy away from using dried potatoes. They can be very useful if your in a rush.
- Fry all 2 or 3 sausages in a large frying pan, with a little cooking oil until brown on all sides (10 mins). During cooking it is best to prick the sausages with a fork so that any excess fat can run out.
- Peel 3 medium pottaoes and cut into quarters. Pop in a saucepan, run under cold water to wash away the starch, and then fill up with water to just cover the potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to simmer and boil for 10 mins, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain off the water, mash, and add a blob of butter. If it looks a little powdery, add a little milk and mash again.
- Chop half an onion into large pieces and soften in the pan for 5 mins.
- Boil a kettle of water for the gravy. In a glass jug or bowl, add one tablespoon of gravy granules and a half cup of boiling water. Stir well.
- Server the potatoe onto the plate, with sausages and onions to the plate and finally the gravy.