|Sausages||pack of 8|
|Seasoning Powder||2 table spoons|
|Baked Beans||1 tin|
|Brown Sugar||2 table spoons|
Sausage Casserole is best made a day in advance to allow the flavours to mix, but its very acceptable on the same day. This recipe uses a single large saucepan to cut down on washing.
- Put a large saucepan on the heat with a teaspoon of cooking oil, and fry the sausages for about 10 mins until brown all over
- Chop a half a large onion, and add to the pan to soften with the cooking sausages.
- If there is an excess of fat in the pan, drain it off, but leave a little for the flavours. Add 2 tablespoons of the seasoning powder and stir into the onions and sausage mix untill absorben in the excess fat.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and stir while it cooks for 10 mins. You can use and sweet substitute for the sugar, golden syrup, jam etc.
- Finally add a tin of baked beans and cook on a low heat for 5 or 10 minutes. You can use any beans or pulses that you prefer in place of the baked beans. Red kidney beans, chickpeas etc